Whats the #1 thing brides wish they would have spent more $$$$ on? And what their guest remember the most?
• 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
• Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
• During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their wedding dress, attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities!
• Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
• When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment (Band/DJ).
• 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding reception, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey!
*These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine. Sources include: Simmons, USA Today, National Bridal Service, The Knot, Brides Magazine.
*Wedding Disc Jockey rates are vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service, coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability & personality. Not all Wedding DJ’s are Created Equally, as many of you know – we haven all seen the “Bad” Cheesy Wedding DJ!
Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $350.00 to $3,500.00 with an US average of $1,200.00 for a 4-5 hour reception. The best price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding. As the surveys above conclude that 100% of brides would have spent more money on their entertainment and made it their #1 priority in hindsight!
A Professional Wedding Entertainment company will normally invest 12 to 30 hours to your special event but it may appear that you are only paying for “4 hours”. Consultations, music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up & tear-down, education, phone calls, travel & other business related endeavors add up to the overall success of your special once in a lifetime day.
“Entertainment is 5% of your Wedding Budget, but TWICE as many guests will remember your entertainment, more than anything else!” –Modern Bride Magazine